Rhode Island Slip & Fall Attorney
Injured on Another’s Property? Call Our Warwick Injury Office for Help.
A slip and fall accident may not seem too serious at first glance, but a serious fall could cause broken bones, head trauma, and other catastrophic injuries. This is particularly true for the elderly. At Sands Law Offices we are dedicated to the compassionate, experienced representation of slip and fall accident victims in and around Warwick, Rhode Island. If you were injured on another’s property, we may be able to help you hold the property owner accountable for your medical bills and other losses you have suffered.
If you’re interested in talking to a Warwick slip and fall attorney about your options, call (401) 297-2816 for a free case review.
Liability in a Warwick Slip & Fall Injury Claim
Property owners have a responsibility to lawful visitors to keep their premises in a reasonably safe condition. This may include keeping walkways, stairs, and floors clean, well-lit and free from hazards.
In Rhode Island, a property owner may be held legally responsible for a slip and fall accident that occurs on his or her property if:
- The property owner knew or should have known, based on reasonable care, of the dangerous situation;
- The property owner failed to address the dangerous hazard, whether by repairing it or placing a warning sign informing others of the potential hazard; and
- Someone was injured as a result of the property owner’s lack of reasonable care.
Slip and fall accident claims can be complicated and are often hotly contested by insurance companies. Preservation of evidence can be key in building a strong case against a property owner, and as such we recommend that you act quickly in the wake of a slip and fall accident by:
- Reporting the accident;
- Getting the contact information of any witnesses present;
- Taking pictures of the scene of the accident, specifically the hazard that caused you to fall;
- Keeping clothes, shoes or other items that were damaged in the fall;
- Taking pictures of your injuries to show their severity; and
- Keeping all medical paperwork and bills related to your injuries.
Ready to get started? Contact us online or call (401) 297-2816 today.