Rhode Island Slip & Fall Attorney
Put Decades of Experience in Your Corner
A slip and fall accident may not seem too serious at first glance, but a serious fall could cause broken bones, head trauma, and other catastrophic injuries. This is particularly true for the elderly.
At Sand Law Offices we are dedicated to the compassionate, experienced representation of slip and fall accident victims in and around Warwick, Rhode Island. If you were injured on another’s property, we may be able to help you hold the property owner accountable for your medical bills and other losses you have suffered.
Liability in a Warwick Slip & Fall Injury Claim
Property owners have a responsibility to lawful visitors to keep their premises in a reasonably safe condition. This may include keeping walkways, stairs, and floors clean, well-lit, and free from hazards. In Rhode Island, a property owner may be held legally responsible for a slip and fall accident that occurs on his or her property if:
- The property owner knew or should have known, based on reasonable care, of the dangerous situation;
- The property owner failed to address the dangerous hazard, whether by repairing it or placing a warning sign informing others of the potential hazard; and
- Someone was injured as a result of the property owner’s lack of reasonable care.
How Do You Prove A Slip And Fall Case?
- Report the accident
- Get contact information from present witnesses
- Take pictures of the scene, specifically the hazard that caused your fall
- Keep clothes, shoes, etc. that were damaged in the fall
- Take pictures of your injuries to show their severity
- Keep all medical paperwork and bills related to your injuries
Slip and fall accident claims can be complicated and are often hotly contested by insurance companies. Preservation of evidence can be key in building a strong case against a property owner, and as such we recommend that you act quickly in the wake of a slip and fall accident by completing the above items.